This guide is written to get you up and running with the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 with Clover bootloader. I used to use MultiBeast but it took a while to learn Clover, however the advantages are worth the learning curve. This guide should get you up and running on a Zotac ID91 – a perfect <$400 hackintosh!
- Download latest OS X Yosemite on a Mac – or find it on the bitttorrents
- 8GB or greater USB Key
1. Format an 8gb or greater USB Key with 1 partition – GUID boot loader – and OS X Journled partition.
2. Run the following – replacing XXX with the location of your USB Drive.
[raw]sudo /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/XXX/ –applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app –no interaction[/raw]
This will extract Yosemite onto your USB Key
3. Install Clover – with following settings
Now we must mount the EFI Partition and add our Extensions to the 10.10 kexts folder to make things work ootb.
To mount your EFI Partition, use[raw]diskutil list[/raw]
Determine your drive and EFI Partition and mount with[raw]diskutil mount disk1s1[/raw]
Add the following kexts to your EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 folder –
Restart with the new USB Key
Goto Options > Binaries Patching Menu > Kernel PM Patch and hit spacebar to enable it
Boot the installer
Format your boot drive with GUID bootloader and Mac OS X Journaled
Stuck in a reboot loop?
Remember if you restart at this point, the Kernel PM must be enabled each time – until we install Clover on the main boot drive –
- Clover patched AppleHDA
- Download (View Raw) audio_cloverALC-100.command
- Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverALC-100.command
- Confirm Codec ALCxxx: (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150 only)
- Clover/Legacy: answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
- Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n):
- Use Audio ID: x (y/n):
- Optional: Terminal/Terminal Saved Output
- Verify ALC onboard audio
- System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device
Incomplete – not enabled yet. Lookup HD4400 HDMI Audio for guides
Graphics: Intel HD4400 Desktop using FakePCIID
- Install latest version of FakePCIID from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
Install both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions or Clover kexts.
- Insert a fakeid and platform-id through clover configurator.
Devices>FakeID>IntelGFX = 0x04128086 Graphics>Inject>Intel>ig-platform-id = 0x0d220003