This guide is written to get you up and running with the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 with Clover bootloader. I used to use MultiBeast but it took a while to learn Clover, however the advantages are worth the learning curve. This guide should get you up and running on a Zotac ID91 – a perfect <$400 hackintosh!
- Download latest OS X Yosemite on a Mac – or find it on the bitttorrents
- 8GB or greater USB Key
1. Format an 8gb or greater USB Key with 1 partition – GUID boot loader – and OS X Journled partition.
2. Run the following – replacing XXX with the location of your USB Drive.
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/XXX/ --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app --no interaction
This will extract Yosemite onto your USB Key
3. Install Clover – with following settings
Now we must mount the EFI Partition and add our Extensions to the 10.10 kexts folder to make things work ootb.
To mount your EFI Partition, use
Determine your drive and EFI Partition and mount with
diskutil mount disk1s1
Add the following kexts to your EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 folder –
Restart with the new USB Key
Goto Options > Binaries Patching Menu > Kernel PM Patch and hit spacebar to enable it
Boot the installer
Format your boot drive with GUID bootloader and Mac OS X Journaled
Stuck in a reboot loop?
Remember if you restart at this point, the Kernel PM must be enabled each time – until we install Clover on the main boot drive –
- Clover patched AppleHDA
- Download (View Raw) audio_cloverALC-100.command
- Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverALC-100.command
- Confirm Codec ALCxxx: (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150 only)
- Clover/Legacy: answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
- Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n):
- Use Audio ID: x (y/n):
- Optional: Terminal/Terminal Saved Output
- Verify ALC onboard audio
- System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device
Incomplete – not enabled yet. Lookup HD4400 HDMI Audio for guides
Graphics: Intel HD4400 Desktop using FakePCIID
- Install latest version of FakePCIID from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
Install both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions or Clover kexts.
- Insert a fakeid and platform-id through clover configurator.
Devices>FakeID>IntelGFX = 0x04128086 Graphics>Inject>Intel>ig-platform-id = 0x0d220003